My 13-year-old son has been going to the Disney Parks since he was 10 months old. He’s been on at least one Disney Parks trip per year since then, sometimes more. Because of that, he often prefers that we hang out at the resort and resort pool rather than the parks. For today’s post, I asked him what his favorite pools are at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World and these were his picks.
10. His number 10 is the pool at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World. He liked it because there was a water slide. Plus, often when we are visiting, the smaller children play in the children’s play area leaving the pool and the water slide more open. He also really enjoyed the Bay Lake Tower pool in addition to the main pool.
9. The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World Resort was his number 9 pick. He noted the zero-entry pool, which he loves. He also noted the splash park, which he enjoyed running around even at 13, and the water slide.
8. Number 8 on his list was the pool at the Grand Californian at the Disneyland Resort. I think this may have less to do with the pool and more to do with the location. He loved being able to wear his swimsuit with a swimshirt and sandals to ride Grizzy River Run at Disney California Adventure and then walk right over to the hotel pool. As mom, I know he also loves the water slide there and the fact that it’s a large area so much easier to find lounge chairs available.
7. The pool area at the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Resort was his number 7 choice. He loves the monorail water slide. In fact, I thought he’d place this one much higher on his list just because of the slide.
6. The Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village earned his number 6 spot with a zero-entry pool, water slide, and ability to go watch the animals close by.
5. The pools at the Art of Animation Resort at Walt Disney World Resort were his number 5 choice. Amazingly enough, he liked all the theming. We spent spent some time in the main pool pictured above, but we spent more time in the Cozy Cone pool, which was closer to our suite. He liked having the choice so that we could go to the less crowded one.
4. His number 4 choice was actually two resorts – the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek at Walt Disney World Resort. These two hotels are connected and guest can use the pools of either one. He loved having the choice, but he really loved the pools at the Hilton. There is a zero-entry pool and a water slide. One can also rent pool floats at either the Hilton or the Waldorf Astoria.
3. The pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World Resort got his number 3 spot, not so much for the pool, but for the view. He thinks the best way to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom is while splashing and hanging out in the pool.
2. Truly, I thought Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort would be his number one pick. That’s the pool area we’ve been to the most. He loves the lazy river, especially because it’s really deep (8 feet in some places). He also loves the water slide and the fact that the bottom of the pools are sand. He added that “the activities at the pool are fun, too.”
1. His number one pick by far was the pool area at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort. I think his favorite thing was really the free ice cream he got for finishing a scavenger hunt, but truly, he could probably live at this pool. He spent ages floating around the lazy river, then swam in the pool. He also loved the water slide. In the evenings, there is a large screen on which they show movies that can be watched from in the pool or in the lounge chairs around the pool.
Honorary Mention – I told him that this pool really couldn’t be one of his top ten because it’s such a unique, private pool, but I wanted to mention it since he did. He really liked that the Bungalows at the Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World Resort had their own pool. They’re really small, but it was his pool, all to himself since each bungalow has it’s own pool. Plus, it has a perfect view of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
So – those are my son’s favorite pools at the U.S. Disney Parks. Did yours make the list or do you think he missed one?
Note – link below will be live at 9am on Monday, July 17, 2017.
For more of the best Disney pools,
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!